Nature lover’s around the globe, choose to say ‘I do’ in virgin landscapes of untouched African bushveld where only the birds and bees, and extended families and close friends, bear witness to their sacred vows.
Whether you want small and intimate or large and lavish, Nature herself provides the perfect wedding venue for both new and mature couples looking to sanctify their love, renew their vows, celebrate a milestone anniversary or host a second wedding celebration combined with a family heritage safari vacation.
Situated on the outskirts of Pretoria and just an hours’ quick commute from Sandton, Johannesburg, the Hayward’s Safari Sanctuary is nestled within 55 000 acres of breathtaking natural wildlife reserve with the option of a Big 5 authentic safari experience. Closeby, the town of Cullinan makes for a sparkling neighbor and friend when it comes to celebrating the mood with South African diamonds extracted from ancient layers of the earth.
Second Time Weddings Deserve to be Sacred on Safari
“Second time weddings are always more exclusive and exciting for everyone,” says Safari Host Peter Hayward, who has been hosting safari events and expeditions for over twenty years. “The bride and groom are often more mature and not tied down to traditional customs as with a first-time marriage. The event is always more intimate and the bridal party adventurous, interested and looking for something a little different.
“As an authentic 5-star safari outfitter, our bespoke luxury tented safari camps are best suited for free-spirited adventurers wanting the ultimate experience. Close to the city and OR Tambo International Airport, we have had family and guests fly in by helicopter, arrive by vintage train, on horseback and by hot air balloon. The groom has been ushered in with dancing Zulu impi warriors and drums while giraffe and zebra graze gently in the background. Our tented spa and pamper area allow the bride to prepare herself and her maids of honour prior to the ceremony with hot stone massages, facials, hair and makeup.
Dream Destination Safari Wedding Inspiration
Each bespoke Hayward’s dream bush wedding is outfitted exactly to the couple’s specifications and chartered ahead of the safari wedding event, down to the last silver salt spoon and luxury toiletries displayed in your en suite accommodation. On the day, chefs, porters, butlers, and game guards prepare a #GrandSafari wedding welcome for the ultimate event experience.
The bushveld is an exhilarating place in which to immerse yourself. You are in a special place that provides for the most amazing photographic opportunities. It’s a place where you may make memories which last forever.
As the sun sets golden on the vast uncluttered horizon, the lamps are lit and the stars appear, it’s all about classic romance accompanied by string quartets or traditional dancers, silver-service dining or a braai under open sky, storytelling around the campfire or dancing into the night to celebrate your special union.
When it’s time to retire, your safari guard escorts you to your Presidential Suites, a luxurious tented en suite bedroom, with sheets turned down with a hot water bottle – should it be required – and a pillow chocolate to send you into sweet dreams.
Waking up in the bushveld bathed in pink hues of the rising sun, a new day dawns and you and your loved one have new vision to embrace the day together.
Advantages of a Destination Wedding Safari Celebration:
- Hayward’s Safari Sanctuary is close to Johannesburg making it convenient for distant friends and family from around the globe to join you for a celebratory event, honeymoon and a unique safari vacation combined into one.
- With comparative game viewing opportunities with that of the Kruger National Park – without the travel logistics and the crowds (1.8 million people travel to the Kruger every year) – you are assured of a totally private and secluded safari wedding with no one else in sight.
- Hayward’s Grand Safari Company has been hosting 5-star chartered safari events and expeditions for over 20 years’ so you are assured of complete safari event planning from start to finish and which covers all aspects of your stay at the Hayward’s luxury mobile tented safari camp.
- You get to avoid the usual wedding season rush – the pre-summer period in South Africa is the best time for game-viewing when the animals are more active.
- There is lots for your guests to do from clay pigeon shooting to cultural interactions, traders spice markets, storytellers, astronomers and more.
- Most of all it’s a private special place to take yourself and your loved ones for the ultimate experience in luxury wedding safari exclusivity.